Computers & Technology
Computer Lab Rules
1. Be in class on time.
2. No food or drink allowed in the lab.
3. No banging on the keyboards or other pieces of equipment.
4. Students must ask permission to print.
5. All headphones must stay in the computer room.
(Students are encouraged to bring their own headphones)
6. If a problem is encountered always ask the teacher for help, never attempt to "fix it" yourself.
7. You are responsible for keeping your learning environment safe and should use your resources to report any issues observed or experienced.
8. No Social Networking sites. NO PLAYING OF VIDEO GAMES OR YOU WILL LOSE YOUR PRIVILEGES TO GO ON THE COMPUTER!!! (Commenting/Messaging)
9. Do not alter folder names or delete folders.
10. Do not use cell phones or other devices in class.
I will come to class on time.
I will always do my best.
I will positively participate in all classroom activities.
I will stay on task without disturbing or distracting others.
I will not use ‘put downs’ or harass others.
I will respect other people’s differences and opinions.
I will try three times on my own when working on an assignment before asking for help.
I will enter and exit the room quietly.
I will complete all assignments on time and to the best of my ability.
I will actively listen when the teacher/teacher assistant is speaking.
I will ask for help when I need it.
I will use all class resources positively.
I will not engage in any video games or social media unless it is related to an assignment that we are doing in class.
Violation of these rules will result in loss of computer privileges. Continued violation of rules will result in a meeting with the school counselor and your teacher to develop a plan that will help you to be successful in class. If personal plans do not work then computer privileges will be terminated.